General Information
Phone Numbers
Fax: 608-326-4395
Emergencies: Dial 911
225 N. Beaumont Rd.
Suite 326
Prairie du Chien,

Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm

Adult Protective Services

Adult protective services help elder adults and adults at risk who have been abused, neglected, or financially exploited.
If you suspect an elder adult or adult at risk has experienced, is currently experiencing, or is at risk of experiencing abuse, neglect, self-neglect, or financial exploitation, your first step should be to contact the appropriate agency.

Elder Abuse Brochure

Who should I contact?

If someone is in immediate, life-threatening danger, call the police or 911 right away.
To report an allegation of abuse or neglect that occurred to an adult in Crawford County, call 608 326 0248 during work hours and request to speak to the intake worker.  If you want to report abuse of an adult in a different county, Wisconsin has agencies and elder agencies in every county that you can contact for help.

To report abuse taking place outside of Wisconsin, contact the National Adult Protective Services Association.
If the alleged abuser is a paid caregiver who works in a long-term care facility, contact:
Department of Health Services
Office of Caregiver Quality

Phone: 608-261-8319

What will I be asked?

When you call to report alleged abuse, you will be asked to give as much information as possible. This includes information about the elder adult or adult at risk and what you think is happening. This information is helpful, but you are not required to know it. You can also give your name and address, but that is not required either.

What happens when someone makes a report?

After you contact your county agency or elder agency, a caseworker will review the report. They will decide what response is needed.

For more information you can go to the following website:

Adult Protective Services | Wisconsin Department of Health Services